How much water do I need to store?
FEMA recommends that "you should store at least one gallon of per person per day."
Example: 4 people for 1 month is 120 gallons. (4 x 30 = 120) This is a bare minimum recommendation.
Consider the following to determine your water needs:
- The number of people you're storing water for.
- If water is required to re-hydrate and cook your food in an emergency.
- Children, nursing mothers and sick people may need more water.
- A medical emergency might require additional water.
- Water needs increase in warmer climates; in very hot temperatures, water needs can double.
Reference: (2014) Water. Build a Kit. Retrieved from http://www.ready.gov/water